Just to let everyone know that v1.79 of DtWinVer has been released. Updates for this version include:
- Updated the VC 2005 project file to use more reasonable default project settings
- Updated copyright details
- Includes provisional support for the Windows 7 Professional SKU. Note that the code currently assumes that the BUSINESS SKU value refers to the newly documented SKU of "Windows 7 Professional". I have not found any information to confirm or deny this but this should become clearer as we approach the release of "Windows 7. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.
Just to let everyone know that v1.34 of AA+ has been released. Updates for this version include:
- Fixed a seemingly copy and paste bug in CAAMoon::EclipticLongitude. The layout of the code to calculate the "ThisSigma" value was incorrect. The terms involving any value of M was being multiplied by E. This was incorrect as documented at the bottom of page 338 from the second edition of Meeus’s book. The correct logic is to multiple only terms which involve +1M or -1M by E and to multiple any terms which involved 2M or -2M by E*E. With the bug fixed the worked example 47.a from the book now gives: 133.16726428105474 degrees. This is a much closer result to the value as reported in the book which is 133.167265. The previous buggy code was giving the value of 133.16726382897039 degrees for the Moons apparent Longitude. The error in this example is 0.001627 arc seconds of a degree. This error value is well within the actual reported accuracy of 10 arc seconds for the code, but you would expect this error to increase as the eccentricity of earths orbit increases. Thanks to Neoklis Kyriazis for reporting this bug.
Just to let everyone know that v1.24 of CScintillaCtrl, CScintillaView & CScintillaDoc has been released. Updates for this version include:
- Updated the project file to remove VC 6 upgrade settings.
Just to let everyone know that v1.33 of AA+ has been released. Updates for this version include:
- Fixed a seemingly copy and paste bug in CAAMoonPerigeeApogee::TruePerigee. The layout of the code to accumulate the "Sigma" value was incorrect. The terms involving T (e.g. +0.00019*T, -0.00013*T etc were adding these terms to the argument of the sin incorrectly. With the bug fixed the worked example 50.a from the book gives: 2447442.3543003569 JDE or 1988 October 7 at 20h:30m:11.5 seconds. The previous buggy code was giving the same value of 2447442.3543003569, but this would be the case because T was a small value in the example. You would expect the error in the calculated to be bigger as the date departs from the Epoch 2000.0. Thanks to Neoklis Kyriazis for reporting this bug.
- Optimized the layout of the MoonCoefficient1 structure in the AAMoon.cpp module by making all elements integers instead of doubles.
- Optimized the layout of the PlutoCoefficient1 structure in the AAPluto.cpp module by making all elements integers instead of doubles.
- Updated the static version of CAADate::DaysInMonth to compile cleanly using code analysis.
- Updated copyright details.