Just to let everyone know that v1.18 of CToasterWnd has been released. Updates for this version include:
- Updated copyright details
- Updated the code to clean compile on VC 2013 & 2015
Just to let everyone know that v1.19 of ShelExec has been released. Updates for this version include:
- Updated copyright details.
- Updated the project settings to more modern defaults.
- Updated the code to clean compile on VC 2013 & VC 2015.
- The download now includes a number of precompiled binaries of ShelExec.exe. In the Release directory is an ASCII x86 build, while in the ReleaseU directory is a Unicode x86 build while the ReleaseU64 directory includes a Unicode x64 build. Thanks to Andrew Leonard for prompting this update.
Just to let everyone know that v1.62 of AA+ has been released. Updates for this version include:
- Fixed a bug in CAAElliptical::Calculate when calculating values for the position of the Sun. The values returned by this method are now consistent with those returned using the methods of the CAASun class, the planetarium program SkyMap and the JPL HORIZON’s web site. The errors were of the order of 4 arc seconds in declination and 1.5 seconds of Right ascension for modern times. I have also taken the opportunity to optimize the code in this method. With these changes the errors are now down to 0.5 seconds of an angle in declination and right ascension. Thanks to Marko Peric for reporting this bug.
Just to let everyone know that v1.61 of AA+ has been released. Updates for this version include:
- U1 (the Saturnicentric longitude of the Sun) and U2 (the Saturnicentic longitude of the Earth) are now returned in CAASaturnRings::Calculate.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of CAASaturnRingDetails::DeltaU in the method CAASaturnRings::Calculate where for some date ranges the value would end up greater than 180 degrees. The book indicates that this value should never be more than 7 degrees. The issue was related to subtraction of two angles to obtain an absolute elongation value between the two. By definition this value should never be greater than 180 degrees. The bug occurred between the dates of June 3rd 2024 and July 28th 2024 and December 1st 2024 and February 12 2025. Thanks to Frank Vergeest for reporting this bug.
- Updated the observed DeltaT values from http://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/deltat.data to 1st April 2015.